IWRM.NET-CA - Towards a European-wide exchange Network for integrating research efforts on Integrated Water Resources Management
Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) is among todays core environmental policies in all European countries when transposing the Water Framework Directive - WFD. An analysis of 60 research programmes, carried out in 13 EU countries, shows that, since 2000, transposing the Directive has considerably changed the content of national or regional government-funded research programmes.
The shared Vision of what should be IWRM.Net by 2010 :
- The source for knowledge about IWRM-research being undertaken in Europe, with a focus on the WFD
- A forum for prospective and co-ordination of research needs and programmes on related issues in different countries, including accession states and EU neighbours
- The facilitator between research and water policy makers and managers to bridge the communication gap
- A facilitator for bringing together researchers and funders from different countries to work on joint projects
- A forum for exchanging best practices on administrating research programmes across Europe Activities will include a Knowledge Management tool.