SOCOPSE - Source control of priority substances in Europe
The overall objective of the project SOCOPSE was to support the implementation process for the Water Framework Directive (WFD) by providing guidelines and decision support tools for the management of priority pollutants (PP). To fulfil this overall objective the project aimed to:
- Conduct a material flow analysis for selected priority pollutants;
- Evaluate available and emerging measures and management options for PPs
- Develop a decision support tool for identification and selection of relevant measures on European, national and regional level;
- Evaluate different potential measures by applying the decision support tools in case studies;
- Facilitate the development of collective action plans (i.e. river basin management plans) involving all stakeholders (industries, authorities, citizens, NGOs);
- Disseminate results to stake-holders.