- Report of the characterisation and impact analyses required by Article 5 in Northern Ireland
This report covers the characterisation of river basin districts of the planning cycle for river basin management. It involves a description of the natural characteristics of Northern Ireland waters and an assessment of the pressures and impacts. This will help to determine the monitoring we need to do and provides a starting point for the design of a programme of measures.
The main steps of characterisation are to:
- identify water bodies and their physical characteristics;
- identify protected areas;
- assess the pressures and impacts on rivers, lakes, transitional waters, coastal waters, groundwaters and wetlands.
- provide a social and economic analysis of water uses
Brochure, policy brief, ...:
On land›17 - Ireland and Northern Ireland