TELEMAC - Numerical modelling system for free surface hydrodynamics, sedimentology, water quality, waves and underground flows
Numerical modelling system for free surface hydrodynamics, sedimentology, water quality, waves and underground flows, developed by EDF-DRD and distributed by SOGREAH.
TELEMAC can take into account the following phenomena:
- Propagation of long waves, taking into account non-linear effects
- Bed friction
- Influence of Coriolis force
- Influence of meteorological factors: atmospheric pressure and wind
- Torrent and river flows
- Influence of horizontal temperature or salinity gradients on density
- Cartesian or spherical coordinates for large domains
- Dry areas in the computational domain: intertidal flats and flood plains
- Current entrainment and diffusion of a tracer, with source and sink terms
- Monitoring of floats and Lagrangian drifts
- Treatment of singular points: sills, dikes, pipes.